Re: A minor adjustment to the development plan

    I tried to relay this intent by using the wording above; do you have any
    suggestions how to make it more clear?

I would just be very explicit: "The branch to be merged must successfully
pass the regression tests with the exception that it is permitted to fail
tests that were added within the last week."  The exception avoids the
"moving target" problem I was concerned about.