Re: Apple's -fast option for gcc

On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 12:35 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
-fast has to be target specific.  And I won't mind adding for some
targets a -mfast-spec to make this clear.  I just think we should do
it the same everywhere.  If we support -fast, I'll contribute some
Opteron settings ;-)

The 5 lines to support the option aren't hard or controversial (to me). Feel free to submit a flag and code to support it for the Opteron... I wouldn't mind it, as we could then reduce 30 lines of local mods. I'll leave it to others to tell you (us), if this is a desirable direction for the compiler to go. I think it is. Compete or die, and if we don't compete, we will die. Measuring how we compete is part of competing, so, for me, the answer is obvious.