Re: Patches to C++ front end have caused numerous regressions

Mark> I will revert all of the recent patches that have caused regressions,
Mark> until we get back to a pre-regression state.  The obvious candidates
Mark> are:

Mark> 2003-09-11  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

Mark> * decl2.c (var_finalized_p): Swap arms of conditional.

Mark> 2003-09-10  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>

Mark> * decl2.c (var_finalized_p): New.
Mark> (maybe_emit_vtables, write_out_vars, finish_file): Use it.

	Reverting these patches does not make any sense because they
re-implemented existing behavior.  If reverting the patches fixes
anything, you will achieve identical behavior by modifying
var_finalized_p() to the earlier algorithm testing both TREE_ASM_WRITTEN
and the new cgraph test.  I would suggest testing that first.

	Honza has been very responsive to fixing the problems.

David