Re: [using gcc book] ch3.8 options to request or suppress warnings

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 23:32, Chris Devers wrote:
> Okay, so should I make any documentation changes at this time?

In sections that are talking about C/C++ language issues, we should use
the same terminology as the standards, which means enumeration,
enumerated type, or enumeration constant.

In sections that are talking about GCC internals, we have to use the
same terminology as used in the code, which means things like
ENUMERAL_TYPE.  Until such time as we can fix both the source and the
documentation in parallel.

> On the other hand, would it be fair to replace the instances of the term
> 'enumeral' in the prose? I count seven such references: four use the term
> "enumeral type", two use "enumeral value", and one uses "enumeral class."

Yes, I agree, these all look safe to fix.

In invoke.texi, I'd suggest replacing enumeral type with enumerated
type.

In md.texi, I'd suggest replacing enumeral class with enumeration.

In tm.texi, I'd suggest replacing enumeral type with enumeration, and
enumeral value(s) with enumeration constant(s).