Re: [libobjc patch] Fix libobjc/gc.c compilation error

Vaclav Haisman wrote:
This patch fixes libobjc/gc.c compilation failure when GC is enabled. It chokes
on missing definition of BITS_PER_WORD.

Library files shouldn't be using gcc internal headers. It is a historical error that some libobjc files do. We shouldn't compound the error by adding more.

Is there some way to fix this without using gcc internal headers?

It looks like the proper fix is including some header files from boehm-gc/include/private which define modWORDSZ and divWORDSZ. I didn't look at how one does that.