Re: DWARF2 unwinding documentation/help

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
My target is an m68k-elf variant using a surrogate of the ELF format.
It needs to place the unwinding tables in the data segment and doesn't
link crtbegin/crtend. I've seen EH related stuff in there, but I'm
not sure whether they are needed.

There needs to be a way for the unwinder to find the EH info at run time. One mechanism involves using the crtbegin and crtend files to defines constructors and destructors that call register_frame_info and deregister_frame_info. We can then maintain a linked list of pointers to EH info that can be searched at run time. See unwind-dw2-fde.c. Another mechanism involves searching the in-core ELF headers at the time an exception is thrown. We have glibc support for this, see unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.c. There is also a darwin specific file I haven't looked at. You will need to use one of these mechanisms, or define one that works for your target.