no call-graph produced when C++ program compiled with -pg option

Hi,

I am trying to speed up an application. It was suggested that I use the -pg
option and take the gmon.out result and use gprof to look at it. This worked
well when I tested it with a simple c program. I added -pg to all the
makefiles and make.inc of the large application and rebuilt it. I get a
gmon.out when I run it, but I get an error that there is no call-graph in
the file (gprof -i shows 1 histogram, 0 call-graph & 0 basic-block records).
The output is quite large (gmon.out >1Mbyte could there be a limit?). Any
help would be great.

Dave V.
603.885.3172