PCH not being used, but I can't tell why

The libstdc++ testsuite builds a couple of PCH files in a directory, then
using the "-include <dir>" method as per the PCH instructions in the manual,
where it will use the first file that's valid.

Except that if it can't find a valid file, I can't get it to tell me that,
even when -Winvalid-pch is passed.  It always uses the base header, never
the precompiled one.

How do I tell what's preventing PCH from being used?

Phil

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan