Re: [tree-ssa]: Fix for PTA broken by find_referenced_vars change.

On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 1:08 PM, Diego Novillo wrote:

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 19:40, Daniel Berlin wrote:
Diego, your change that moves find_referenced_vars causes us to query
points-to information before it's created.

Oops.

Would you like me to move the call to create_alias_vars to
the top of the find_referenced_vars function or before the call to
find_referenced_vars in tree-optimize.c?

The top of find_referenced_vars should be fine.  So, create_alias_vars
can't use the variables found by find_referenced_vars?

It can.
It's just we need to *create* the info prior to find_referenced_vars is called.
What happens is this:

find_referenced_vars calls ends up calling add_referenced_var.
add_referenced_var calls get_memory_tag_for
get_memory_tag_for calls ptr_may_alias_var
Since the info isn't created yet, ptr_may_alias_var aborts.
:)
Creating the info at the top of find_referenced_vars will solve the problem.

Diego.