Re: On inlining in C++

Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com> writes:

| On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 01:25 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > If people want, we can bump up the numbers
| >
| > It it a matter of bumping numbers.
|
| Ok, submit numbers for a testcase, before the change, a suggested

sorry, I see I incorrect typed the message:  I meant

  It is not a matter of bumping numbers.
        ^^^

| change, and numbers after...  I think it is productive if we bump up

I'm working on putting a utility in place that get help have a picture
on what is going on, instead of just throwing out numbers.

[...]

| If you are the only one to submit numbers, then you might be able to
| move any of the numbers anyway you want.  If others don't like such a
| movement, sooner or later someone is going to have to submit numbers,
| and then we might have to revisit the issue.

That is why I'm working on settting up utilities so that people can
judge by themselves what is going on.  As someone put it some day,
there are lies, dead lies and benchmarks :-)

[...]

| If that sounds reasonable, let's do it, if it doesn't, ignore me...  :-)

You don't expect me to ignore you just because I don't fully agree
with you :-)

-- Gaby