Re: missed uninitialised variable warning

On Aug  4, 2003, Michael Matz <matz@suse.de> wrote:

>> and that it was actually undesirable, but hard to fix.

> Hmm, hard to fix ...  I don't know, the patch below does it for the easy
> 'x = x' case.

Cool.  I don't often like when someone misleads me, but I'm happy this
was not hard to fix, after all :-)

Unfortunately, a proper fix is not this simple.  We'd have to take
into account other uses of the variable, but not uses that simply take
its address.  Or do we already get that right?

> But I immediately withdraw it, as I like this feature ;-)

Ideally we should have an attribute to disable the warning.