RE: gcc or g77 in MS Windows

Thanks for your reply.  I happen to have a reason for doing so.  In my case the program's function is to operate on a data file.  Currently I have to keep on deleting the existing data file and copying the new data file to the position pointed at by the program.  A simple menu choice would have made life simpler for me.

	Rajiv

-----Original Message-----
From: Philipp Thomas [mailto:pthomas@suse.de]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 11:17 AM
To: Tiwary, Rajiv
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: gcc or g77 in MS Windows

* Tiwary, Rajiv (tiwary@ppg.com) [20030801 16:07]:
   In a Microsoft Windows environment when a file needs to be opened,
   is it possible for either gcc or g77 to interactively prompt for file
   as windows programs do?

No, it's not possible and frankly I don't see any reason why they should.
gcc and g77 are compilers and not some interactive program like an editor.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nuremberg, Germany