Re: std::pow implementation

Op wo 30-07-2003, om 13:45 schreef Gabriel Dos Reis:
> Steven Bosscher <s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
> | Op wo 30-07-2003, om 13:30 schreef Gabriel Dos Reis:
> | > Do trust the programmer.
> |
> | Post a patch and show that it improves most real world code.
>
> It suffices to point out that (defunct) KCC did outperform GCC on most
> real world code.

Then you must be glad, I'm sure, that you're going to contribute a
serious improvement to G++ :-)

Seriously though, this discussion is turning into just another flame war
over inline, and without the hard numbers there's no real way of telling
what the effects would be of implementing your ideas.

It shouldn't be that hard to implement what you're suggesting: Just
learn tree-inline.c to ignore limits when compiling C++, and learn
cgraphunit to inline functions with DECL_INLINE set in its first pass
(when it's inlining always_inline functions).

Let's see what happens.

Gr.
Steven