Re: gcc-3.3 with -fomit-frame-pointer finally works on ColdFire

>I finally managed to get that damn -fomit-frame-pointer to work by moving
>ARG_POINTER_REGNUM to position 25.
>
>Looks great: the patched gcc can build the uClinux kernel and the whole
>userland with -fomit-frame-pointer enabled.
>
>I'll be releasing the new patch set after I've boot-strapped again with
>gcc 3.3.1-prerelease (already tested today with older patches, worked fine
>except for the frame pointer thing).
>
>I'd like to thank you and the other GCC people for helping me out.
>
>It would be nice to port some of these changes to HEAD. Peter, are
>you planning to do this? I'm still waiting to receive my copyright
>assignment from the FSF via snail mail.

Its great to hear that you have it working!

I've been so buried under work trying to get away for a week's
vacation that I haven't had a chance to look at *any* of the ColdFire
stuff for the month of July.  When you get a complete patch together
against my tree(@baradas.org), send me a mail, I'll integrate it, and
then start adding my v4 changes to it...

I'm still looking into the ColdFire reload problem(attempt to load a
QImode value from memory into an address register), but without much
success.  I think I have to learn a *lot* more about reload before I
can understand where its going wrong.

--
Peter Barada                             Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                   781-852-2768 (direct)