Re: g++.old-deja/g++.other/anon7.C

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 03:52, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     Certainly, you can use any means you want to fix it, including getting
>     some one else to fix it.  Heck, you can hire someone to fix it for you
>     if you want.  As long as it gets fixed.
>
> I think that too is stronger than intended.

It isn't stronger than I intended.

We can make exceptions, if appropriate, and we have.  Sometimes the new
contribution is really great, and the regression is really minor.  But
that's for the community and/or SC to decide, not an individual
contributor.

We've also had this debate (we collectively, and you and I personally)
about three separate times.  I'm not interested in having it again.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC