Re: Request for Assistance: GCC 3.3.1 Code-Gen Problems

> So, if we use whatever procedure is documented in install.texi, things
> work OK?  It's only that Phil's trying to set CONFIG_SHELL that messes
> things up?

No, setting CONFIG_SHELL is strongly recommended, otherwise we get bootstrap
failures with libstdc++ and libjava on Solaris 8 and earlier (Solaris 9' sh
seems to be more cooperative in this matter).

I never ran into the problem (but I don't install that often) so I initially
thought this was a Bash issue, but Phil references bug 11273, which seems to
point to a libtool issue. It might be a subtle interaction between libtool
and the config shell.

I'll do some testing tomorrow on the 5 versions of Solaris I have access to,
by strictly following the build procedure we recommend, and I'll report my
findings.

--
Eric Botcazou