Re: make info and make dvi depend on make all?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> Nathanael, Joseph, as I also received a private inquiry concerning
> this: is it sufficient to configure GCC (at the toplevel) and then
> cd to objdir/gcc and run `make info` or `make dvi`?

What is sufficient is to run "make info" or "make dvi" in the relevant
directory after it has been configured.  The simplest way is to run a
"make bootstrap" until it starts building in the relevant directory, then
stop it and run "make info" and "make dvi".

> If so, I'll add a README to gcc/doc documenting this.

Do you mean about how to build just documentation (belongs maybe in the
internals manual, not in a miscellaneous README; we've tried to get rid of
miscellaneous READMEs), or as an adjunct to the documentation on
contributing (belongs with that documentation on the website)?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk