Re: Solaris 8/SPARC bootstrap broken building 64-bit libgcc

> sparc-sun-solaris2.7 is a primary evaluation platform for our releases
> and as such should be regression tested before releases without any
> regressions.

3.3.0 had no testsuite regressions over 3.2.3, except for a few ones in
libjava. Yet it miscompiles GNU tar, GNU emacs and ICE on KDE 3.1.2, which
were correctly compiled by 3.2.3 AFAIK.

This platform is not as much exercised as the others before the .0 releases,
so this is probably unavoidable.

> (I know that the situation for SPARC as well as Solaris hasn't been
> perfect, but your strong efforts to fix that certainly were very
> noticable!)

Thanks!

--
Eric Botcazou