Re: Solaris 8/SPARC bootstrap broken building 64-bit libgcc

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 02:51:42PM +0200, Rainer Orth wrote:
> The current state of mainline gets increasingly annoying: it's almost
> impossible to get any work done when at any random time at least one of
> your platforms doesn't bootstrap at all, while more often than not most of
> them don't.

3.3 went out the door with some amazing problems; I'm just now discovering
them for myself.  I submit that, at present, the following statement is
essentially true.

    The sparc-sun-solaris2.* platform is not supported.

Proving this statement false would be wonderful.  A number of people
have been tirelessly hunting down bugs (most recently, yourself and Eric
Botcazou).  The expanding time required for a build-and-test cycle is
what's defeating us.

For unrelated reasons, I need to try and build an x86/linux to s-s-s cross
compiler.  If it works, I might try doing that regularly, on hardware that
can finish a cycle in a reasonable amount of time.

> I spend more time tracking down the culprit patches than

Possibly the only thing that can help here are more autobuilders, running
in a tighter cycle (i.e., fewer number of patches between runs).  Anybody
have spare Suns...?

Phil