Re: C++ demangler horrors

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 12:28:40PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jul  1, 2003, "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:
>
> > The original problem is demangler depends on libstdc++ and on Cygwin
> > libstdc++ may depend on libiberty.
>
> winsup depends on libiberty and newlib, not libstdc++.  libstdc++
> depends on winsup.  However, looking at the Makefile.tpl we have now,
> I don't see this dependency; why is that?  Am I getting it wrong?

You're right.  From my TODO:
 - all-target-winsup should depend on maybe-all-target-libstdc++-v3 ?

I'm pretty sure about that, since highly parallel cygwin builds give an
error now when winsup tries to link to libstdc++.  Someone should fix
it :)

> > I still don't see why Cygwin library
> > can't depend on both libstdc++
>
> How can you link, or even configure, libstdc++ if you don't have a C
> library yet?

Yes.  Libiberty goes through contortions to make this work, I'd rather
avoid extending those.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz