Problem with gcc and egcs... compatibility ?

Hi,

I am a french trainne engineer in a South France company and I have a problem with a software. This use some libraries which are compiled with an "old" version of gcc - in this old version, there was a egcs.
Me, I use the gcc v3.2, I think, and I am sure I do not need egcs. Therefore, when I compile my files '.cpp', I have a problem because it do not find the libraries. Someone, in my company, told me that there is a problem with symbols : there are differences between the symbols of the libraries and the symbols created in the fiels '.o'.

Now, I do not know what to do :
-> install an old version of gcc ? the same which the libraries were compiled ?
-> use a tool who corrects this problem of symbols... but which ?

Thank you to send me further information about this,
Arnaud.

Téléchargez gratuitement MSN Messenger ! http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp