Re: [C++] comptypes and TYPENAME_TYPE

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 10:52, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyhow, the mangling of the operator name should
> > include the typename type -- as a typename type.
>
> In fact, the mangled name does not contain the typename type. It's the
> original tree that does, and when we're comparing the two to detect ABI bugs
> the comparison fails because of this difference.

True.

Well, this is probably the excuse to do what we really need to do --
which is stop trying to lookup conversion operators by names, and use
types instead.  There are complex test cases where nothing else will
work, and we are presently busted.  I'll look into that a bit...

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC