Re: [tree-ssa] (analysis) bootstrap failure on armv5l-linux

Diego Novillo wrote:

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 17:45, Jeroen Dobbelaere wrote:

Hi,

I've been looking to the problem, and this is what I see happening :

In toplev.c, we do optimization of 'basic block reordening' (bbro) :

Jeroen,

Just to make sure, this failure doesn't occur in mainline, right? The

Yes, that's correct.

failure is not in the tree optimizers, though I seem to remember you
mentioning that it only happened in tree-ssa.

It is possible that this just shows a latent bug in 'merge_blocks', depending on the exact definition
of 'live at entry', 'live at exit' and how this data should be updated after a merger.
In this specific case, it seems to be assumed that the liveness data stays identical (which isn't).

Diego.

Greetings,

Jeroen Dobbelaere