Re: C++ compile time (again)

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 11:32:15AM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 11:31, Steven Bosscher wrote:
>
> > Yes but how?   Is anyone testing/publishing C++ compile time performance
> > on a regular basis?  There are three SPEC testers and an autocrasher,
> > but there's not enough C++ in there, as we've seen many times now...
> >
> I'm considering adding POOMA to the nightly testers if we ever get it to
> compile in less than a decade.  If anyone has a lighter-weight C++
> suite, I'd be happy to throw it in the mix.

Take a look at the applications listed in http://gcc.gnu.org/testing/;
most of those are in C++, and most come with test suites so you can see
that you're actually compiling them correctly.  Most of those are also
listed in the release criteria, but I'd like to see a variety of apps
available to use for testing so people can find the ones that are most
appropriate for what they're trying to test.

Not all of the versions listed compile with mainline, so information
about newer version that work and updates to the Build and Test guides
would be very welcome.

Janis