Re: Questions on tree-inline.c

Richard Kenner writes:
 >      > Can somebody explain what INLINER_FOR_JAVA is for?
 >
 >     It's the inliner for Java.
 >
 > You lost me.  Why isn't Java-specific code in the java/ subdirectory?

Or C++-specific code in the cp/ subdirectory, for that matter.

This was discussed at length.  The problem with putting all this in
the java/ directory is that a great deal of logic would have been
duplicated and we would require two files to be updated each time a
change to the inliner was made.

Andrew.