Re: How are the specs generated?

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
I'm trying to build a cross-compiler for i386-unknown-freebsd4.7 using Newlib as crt, and am trying to figure out how to change the specs used by xgcc to not want a non-existant crt1.o.

That seems unlikely to work. If you want to be able to run programs on a freebsd system, you should use the freebsd libraries and header files. There is a --with-sysroot configure option that can help here. Copy the /usr/include and /usr/lib directories from the target system to the host, and then point gcc to the freebsd root directory with --with-sysroot.

My problem is that when bootstrapping libffi, ld can't find crt1.o (and

See the STARTFILE_SPEC definition in i386/freebsd.h. The default definition in gcc.c uses crt0.o. The freebsd one uses crt1.o.

Jim