Re: GCC 3.3.1 and GCC 3.4 Schedule

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:58:24PM -0500, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:

> > We will target GCC 3.3.1 for Friday, July 18th.  That means that we
> > will freeze the GCC 3.3.1 code base on Friday, July 11th.  There are
> > relatively few open high-priority bugs for GCC 3.3.1, so I expect this
> > release to go relatively smoothly.
>
> We messed up the priorities during the conversion from GNATS to Bugzilla. I
> think at present, you either need to search for
> - the target milestone: there are 110 PRs targeted for 3.3.1
> - summary strings that start with "[3.3", of which there are 139.
>
> I personally think that both numbers do not justify the term "relatively few".
> Fortunately, most regressions are against both 3.3 and mainline, so a fix
> would be doubly useful.

Wolfgang, do you think it would be worthwhile to add a flag to PRs that
are good candidates for regression hunts?  That way people who have some
time to do hunts can easily find appropriate ones to do and turn off the
flags.  The bug masters probably have a good feel for which bugs it
would be useful to know what introduced the regression.

Janis