Re: Giving Dara Hazeghi and Andrew Pinski Bugzilla access

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
> The bugmaster council has convened and decided that we want to give Dara
> Hazeghi and Andrew Pinski Bugzilla write access.

I haven't seen any response to this; has there really been none??

> Given that the majority or the untouched PRs is in this category, their
> work is certainly very much appreciated, and is a very good complement
> to what we others are doing.

Agreed.

Usually CVS write accounts are handed out by current maintainers to those
whose patches they have dealt with (including installing them) for some
time and whose patches they'll probably continue to review.

For the bug tracking system we didn't have such an explicit policy, but
historically of some maintainer vouched for new contributors, that was
good enough for me to create a GNATS account.  So, I'd say, also in this
case, if you are willing to mentor Dara and Andrew in the beginning, let's
go ahead!

(In fact, I believe someone (RTH) asked Andrew to apply for a CVS write
account, which includes Bugzilla write access, so only Dara needs a
Bugzilla-only account for now, right?)

Gerald

PS: Just don't forget to update the MAINTAINERS file accordingly.
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/