Re: [tree-ssa] Overlapping live range patch.

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 15:02, Diego Novillo wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 13:44, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
>
> > Diego is looking at is today.
> >
> It was another remnant from when we didn't do rewriting SSA.  References
> to structures should always be virtual operands, even when accessing the
> whole structure.  Otherwise, the out of SSA pass gets a mix of
> partial/total references to the structure.
>
> I'll be committing the attached patches after bootstrapping on all the
> platforms.

Done.  Bootstrapped on x86, amd64, ppc, alpha and ia64.  Not all the
testsuites have finished running, but the ones that are done show no new
failures, with the exception of x86 and ia64.  On x86 we are failing
gcc.dg/20020531-1.c and gcc.dg/tls/opt-6.c.  I'll be looking at those
next.

On ia64 I'm getting failures on tests that use libunwind: "error while
file: No such file or directory".  This is not related to the patch.  I
must have something misconfigured somewhere.

This patch is the last major piece needed for the base SSA framework.
Thank you Andrew!  Now on to performance tweaking.

Diego.