Re: Severities and priorities in bugzilla

> Bottom line, I think it is enlightened and useful for a bug tracking system to
> separate these concepts (it is a weakness of the internal system we use at
> ACT that these concepts get a little confused).

While the theory is certainly nice, the practical consequences are
creating confusion. Despite being a mathematician, I tend to being
pragmatic in these questions, and in this case that means getting rid of
priority.

BTW: Priority is already kind of duplicated, in the form of milestones, so
we keep the functionality even if we drop the priority field.

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/