Re: [tree-ssa] Insert on edge comment

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, [iso-8859-1] Pop Sébastian wrote:

> This is the facet of "instruction stream controlled by the CFG", rather
> than the classic view of "trees over which we keep up to date the CFG".
>
> If I'm not wrong this is still one of the major advantages of the
> representation that LLVM has over the current status of tree-ssa.  Chris?

Yup, this is how we do it in LLVM.  It was worked out quite well for us,
and makes things like successors/predecessors of a basic block extremely
easy to find... making just about every CFG based analysis and
optimization simpler.  I highly recommend things like loop expressions, if
expressions and switch statements be lowered down into the equivilent
"conditional branch", "unconditional branch", and "multi-way branch"
instructions...

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/