Re: CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE and CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE_CLASS in df.c

Hi,

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> We currently have in df.c uses of CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE which is
> nowhere defined - and also have the macro CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE_CLASS.

Yes.  I have a patch for this, which I need to retest on head.  It
sometime produces quite suboptimal code, though, which is why I simply
ignored that particular problem on mainline.

> My question is now whether the code in df.c is wrong and we should do
> a s/CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE/CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE_CLASS/; or whether
> that macro can be removed completly.

A simple s/// or a remove are no option, no.

> Are you sure that this is intented?

Yes.

Ciao,
Michael.