Re: Today's snapshot

Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
This is just a heads-up: in case there are problems with today's snapshot,
it's most probably my fault.

I made the following change to our snapshot script on gcc.gnu.org (but
did not committed it to CVS yet).

The patch has been tested locally against an rsynced repository, which
wasn't particularily funny, as the script does have it's dark corners and
along the way I also triggered a cvs bug. :-(

Anyway, no user visible changes apart from the fact that we now generate
.bz2 and (only if requested) .gz from that, and that the working directory
won't be removed to ease debugging.

I just checked ftp://gcc.gnu.org/ and my favourite mirror for snapshots http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/gcc/snapshots/ and find that:

1. The "diffs" folder is empty.

2. Both bz2 and gz files are present.
   (So gzip was indeed "requested" this time.)

BTW, we use "gzip --best" but only vanilla "bzip2" - would it
not be better if we use "bzip2 -9" as well?

+# Build .gz files.
+build_gzip() {
   for f in ${FILE_LIST}; do
-    bzfile=${f%.gz}.bz2
-    (zcat $f | ${BZIP2} > ${bzfile}) || error "Could not create ${bzfile}"
+    bzfile=${f%.bz2}.gz
^^^^^^

Should it not be "gzfile"?

Thank you for making these changes - consider me one of the
most ardent cheerleaders for this enterprise. ;-)

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/