Re: gcc front end and IR documents ?

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 12:02 pm, Long Fei wrote:
> I am recently investigating a research problem that needs to modify gcc C++
> front end and IR, could anyone point out some resources on these topics ?
> the gcc documentations online don't have enough details & specifications.
>
> thanks for your help in advance,
> --Long
If you are looking for the sort of design details and specifications one might
find in a major software project with a centralized, pre-implementation,
overall, design and specification...
Now there is a research problem.

GCC is not that sort of software project.  It is the collaboration of many
people doing the design and implementation (not necessarily in that
order) of its many, various, parts.

What you can find is much detail on the design details and specifications
of its individual parts and many people on this mailing list with great
knowledge of those details.

If you could be a little more specific than "modify gcc C++ front end
and IR" (internal representation?) I am sure there are members on
this list that could point you to the documentation for the specific
areas your research problem will be touching on.

Mike