Re: 3.3 release notes

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Joe Buck wrote:
> This one is near-final, please send any corrections.

That's really excellent stuff, thanks!

> To learn more about a particular PR, visit the link
>
> 	http://gcc.gnu.org/PR?NNNNN

I checked this with some colleagues, and while personally I slightly
prefer this variant, the "?" might cause problems for non-experienced
users, as it is a meta-character in shells, so perhaps we'd better use
and advertise

  http://gcc.gnu.org/PRnnn

instead?

> Alternatively, you can visit
>
> 	http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
>
> and enter the PR number in the "View Problem Report" dialog box.  Then
> click the "View" button.  It's not necessary to log in to view reports.

Daniel plans to switch to Bugzilla relatively shortly after the release,
and Bugzilla already contains all those "old" bugs.  How about referring
to http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/ instead?

Gerald

PS: I suggest to use "C", "C++" and the sections with actual PRs, and
generally start headings with an uppercase letter. Also, it's should read
"SPARC" instead of "sparc", but these really are only very minor issues.
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/