Re: Suggested Bugzilla improvements

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 05:12 AM, Volker Reichelt wrote:

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your work with Bugzilla!

Alas I wasn't able to take part in the discussion yesterday since our
mailserver broke shortly after my initial posting of the "Suggestion
for a new GNATS policy" thread.

But it looks like most of yesterdays problems (real ones or just
misunderstandings) are resolved now.

There are, however, some points that still need to be addressed IMHO.

* Version: By now, one can only select one version. The bugs, however,
  usually appear in more than one compiler version.
  Would it be possible to change that into a text field or to rename it
  into "Initial version"? Or are there better suggestions?

* What's the purpose of the URL field?
  Sending an URL instead of a preprocessed file is a no-no.
  Doesn't that encourage users to send us URLs?
It was there, i never removed it, and probably won't (though i could make it invisible if you like).

* I'd like to propose the keyword "diagnostic" for reports that deal with malformed/strange error messages and warnings. There are more than 20 bugs that have the stamp "[diagnostic]" in the synopsis line right now.

People who can edit bugs can edit/add/remove keywords, specifically so you don't need my approval to do this type of thing.

* The page "bug_status.html" needs updating, especially the parts about the Platform/Operating System.

Thanks, i'll do it.

Regards,
Volker