Re: Suggestion for a new GNATS policy

> I can't speak for others but hours, minutes and seconds are most
> definitely irrelevant wrt. the "last confirmed"-field. Also it just
> isn't useful to say, "I reconfirmed this at this date" unless the
> date implies something about the snapshot/version used to reconfirm
> the bug, hence we can use and IMHO should use the date of the snapshot in
> the first place.

I think that for everyone who sets these dates, the date of the snapshot
is at most a couple of days old. Since we're not really interested in
accuracy to the second, we might just as well be a little lenient on the
exact date of the snapshot.

Let's please make it more convenient and let bugzilla choose the present
date. Otherwise, we're back to filling in numbers by hand, which I think
is stupid. All we want to know is: did anybody confirm this bug in the
last month or so.

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/