Re: bootstrap failure of tree-ssa on armv5l-linux

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 03:59, jeroen dobbelaere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added the tree-ssa branch to my 'daily gcc-cvs build platform' which is based on
> a i80200 (xscale core, armv5l architecture) processor.

Thanks.

> Currently the bootstrap failes with following lines :

Hmm, this looks target-specific.  It may be bad RTL coming out of the
tree-ssa passes.  I doubt I can reproduce it on another target, but
could you post a .i file?

If you can reproduce this with -fdisable-simple, then the problem may
not be in the gimplifier nor the tree optimizers.

If you can reproduce this with -fdisable-tree-ssa, then the problem is
in the tree optimizers.

If you can reproduce this with -fdisable-simple but it works with
mainline, then we have a bigger problem because -fdisable-simple
completely disables GIMPLE and the tree optimizers, resulting in a
compiler that should behave exactly like mainline.

Thanks.  Diego.