Re: An issue for the SC: horrible documentation quality of GCC

 Richard> I want to repeat what I just said in a separate message: the
 Richard> amount of totally undocumented code in GCC is approaching
 Richard> very troublesome levels.  There are who areas of the compler
 Richard> in which nobody but their author can work due to a complete
 Richard> lack of any high-level documentation....

Speaking as somone who has been trying to dig into gcc with the help
of gccint.*, I certainly agree.  However...

 Richard> (2) Remove any parts of the compiler for which documentation
 Richard> is not supplied by the 3.4 release.

That doesn't seem very practical because you'd end up with much of the
compiler gone -- like the parser, and the code generator... :-(

FWIW, I think the situation with gcc is substantially better than,
say, gdb, or worse yet, binutils.

     paul