suggested FAQ

Hi,

I have a suggested question/answer for the gcj FAQ.  I have seen variants of
this same question come up again and again on newsgroups, and I believe it's
because of the same point of confusion.

--------

Q.  I am trying to compile a Java class Test in package foo, and I get
"undefined reference to 'Test::class$'" errors.  Help!

A. You are not including the fully-qualified class name in the --main switch
to gcj.  For class Test in package foo, the following command will result in
an error:

> gcj -o Test --main=Test foo/Test.java
/tmp/cc2d4YQr.o: In function
ain':
/tmp/cc2d4YQr.o(.text+0x2b): undefined reference to est::class$'

The correct way to compile this class is to issue:

> gcj -o Test --main=foo.Test foo/Test.java
> ./Test
Hello world

This is similar to how you'd do the same with javac and java:

> javac foo/Test.java
> java foo.Test
Hello world

-------