Re: GCC inline parameters (PR 10160 testcase)

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> I've asked a couple of weeks ago if anybody had done some timings with
> different inline parameter settings, and there was _no_ reply at all.

I did at about one, two years ago in the context of Kurt Garloff providing
some very helpful inlining patches.

At the moment, I won't be able to do many full runs, if there are, say,
two or three different sets of options on the table, I'll happily bench-
mark them, both in terms of compile-time and performance of generated
code.

(Just let's avoid to rush in with some changes in parameters with a
decent amount of testing of various applications and front-ends.)

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/