Re: PATCH (head): -Wunused-static-variable

Kean Johnston wrote:
In reference to the message thread starting at
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-04/msg01494.html

how about the following patch. This is against the head, but I can
easily redo this on the 3.3 branch if that is desired and someone
can take care of the merging back to the head.

2003-05-01 Kean Johnston <jkj@sco.com>

	* c-opts.c (COMMAND_LINE_OPTIONS): Add -Wunused-static-variable
	for finer grained warning control.
	* doc/invoke.texi: Document it.
	* flags.h: Declare warn_unused_static_variable.
	* toplev.c (W_options): Add it.
	(check_global_declarations): Use it.

IIRC -Wunused used to warn about this kind of thing. I've not been paying
attention. Has the -Wunused functionality been moved into -Wall, or is it
something else?

what is wrong with having this check in -Wunused?

nathan

         The voices in my head said this was stupid too
nathan@codesourcery.com : http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~nathan/ : nathan@acm.org