Re: Add Giovanni Bajo as GNATS only maintainer

> Thank you. Right now, I'm going through all the old reports in the GNAT
> database (first C++, which is my main interest), and checking them again: my
> goal is getting to a scenario where all of them have been rechecked within
> 2003 at least (bumping the [DATE] in the synopsis).

Good move. I'm sure some of them have silently been fixed with recent work
on the new parser. I bet we will soon be under 400 bugs for C++ (it used
to be close to 600 by the end of last year)!

> If there is something else I can do to help development wrt bug fixing, just
> let me know.

Not many people have a cygwin installation. Do a search for "win", it
yields about 40 PRs. About half of them are actually for windows (the
other match "unWINd", "darWIN", ...) and most of them seem to be "open".
Some are reaaallly old, if you could check them that would be great! I
also bet there are more windows reports among our 789 reports in "open"
state [1].

W.

[1] It would be helpful if the java maintainers did something about their
184 open reports in "java" and "libgcj". At least look at them and if they
are still valid, put them into "analyzed".

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/