Re: Using incomplete types to instantiate STL-Templates?

On 30-Apr-2003, Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Note that libstdc++ _does_ actually accept the code Christian showed. It
> only rejects it if concepts checking is on. I think that's weird, and
> personally consider it a defect in the way the concepts checks are
> implemented.

The point of concept checking is to check that the class used to
instantiated a template meets (the checkable subset of) the standard's
requirements.  One of the requirements that the standard imposes is that
the class must be complete.  So it is surely right for the concept checking
to reject such classes!