Re: [Cobolforgcc-devel] Re: [open-cobol-list] GCC front end for COBOL

At Wed, 30 Apr 2003 05:59:39 +1000,
Tim Josling wrote:

> The main issues you will have to address are
>
> 1. A test suite. Existing languages have comprehensive test suites.
>
> 2. Coding standards, including comments. There are the FSF standards and
> on top of that the GCC standards.
>
> 3. Copyright assignment. Every significant contributor has to assign
> copyright to the FSF, and has to get a waiver from their school or
> employer.
>
> 4. Documentation, usually in texinfo format.

I think I need to write more documentation, including comments in the
source.  On the other hand, I want to spend more time on coding than
commenting because I often rewrite the code.

After having some thought on this, I have decided to keep development
by myself for now, at least until the compiler becomes more stable
and more people use it.  Then, I will ask to include it in GCC again.

Thanks,
Keisuke Nishida