Re: Libiberty's snprintf for v3 vs. libsnprintfv

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 17:19, Bruce Korb wrote:
> Geoff Keating wrote:
> >
> > Bruce Korb <bkorb at veritas dot com> writes:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This library: http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/libsnprintfv/
> > > was written by Gary V. Vaughn with help from Paolo Bonzini and
> > > myself with the intention of having it incorporated into libiberty
> > > someday.  It has every variation of printf functionality I've
> > > ever heard of, plus some convenient extensions.  I don't think
> > > you'll have any licensing issues there, either.
> >
> > Isn't this GPLed?  I thought we were looking for GPL+exception.
>
> Well, it is already GPL+exception-ed for AutoGen use,
> so I was guessing Gary wouldn't object to just adding the
> exception.  He'd have to okay it, of course, I was just
> doubting that that would be an issue.

What is the GPL exception that would be required for acceptance?  I'd
like to see the wording before I okay...

Are you guys aware of the gnulib project (also hosted on savannah) which
is trying to do the same job as libiberty, but maintained in its ovn
right without being tied to any particular project?  I have been
thinking about donating snprintfv to gnulib too.