backend questions

I am trying to learn more about GCC backends and have a question.

I am generating code that looks like this:
	movsi R0 rb
	movsi R1 rc
	addsi3 R0 R0 R1
	movsi ra R0
Where ra, rb, and rc are variables

elfos.h is generating:
	.comm	ra,4,4
	.comm	rb,4,4
	.comm	rc,4,4

What I want/need is something in between that perhaps looks like

.Lra	.word	ra
.Lrb	.word	rb
.Lrc	.word	rc

or something like that that I can use to actually load those variables into registers (or store)...

Any advice on how to approach this?

David