shared/archive library order

I have a problem with the following usage of shared
libraries, (so Im not sure the way Im following is
correct or not!)

I have some libraries, one is an archive, then a
shared (which uses symbols from the archive library,
but Im not using (or linking) the archive file while
building this shared object), now another library
which uses both (the above shared and archive).
Now I try to build the final executable, which uses
symbols from all the above libraries.

Can you please explain to me the order of linking
libraries I need to follow while building the final
executable, since the application fails to execute one
of the class functions (a constructor). Is there a
proper theory for the order of specifying libraries?
Or must I use all libraries as shared or archive?

Im using gcc 2.96 on Linux 7.1 (red hat).

Thanks and Regards
Wilson