Re: [RFC]: Argument setup for sibcalls

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:16:41PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> > He suggested that we might want a new macro SIBCALL_FUNCTION_ARG.
>
> Probably.  Using FUNCTION_ARG would definitely be incorrect
> for the register window machines (sparc and ia64).  But I can
> see that using FUNCTION_INCOMING_ARG also fails for targets
> that need to pass parameters in more than one register.

I note that INIT_CUMULATIVE_ARGS is used for the argument setup
for both normal and sibling calls.  If this is correct, then I
can use the CUMULATIVE_ARGS struct to determine whether this is
an incoming setup or not.  This is a rather straight forward
change.  I'd prefer to not add to the proliferation of macros
if I don't have to.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave dot anglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)