Re: GCC Parse Tree/Grammar Issues

Op ma 14-04-2003, om 18:08 schreef Foolish Ewe:
> 2) Am I correct that gcc uses an ad hoc scanner, I did not see a file wiith

GCC has an integrated preprocessor.  Look at the cpp* files.

> 3) Can I get gcc to dump its parse tree (or AST) without hacking it?  If so,
> what is the
>      format of the dump?  Is tree-dump.c the right module to look at?

Check out the tree-ssa project -- http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/tree-ssa/
It can dump the AST in different stages of the tree optimizers.  The
dumps can look like C or like something that is more detailed but not
very human-readable.

Greetz
Steven